Jimboomba Vet Flea Control Program

In our warm, humid climate fleas can cause irritation and allergies to your pet’s skin and predispose them to bacterial dermatitis, as well as being the common carrier of tapeworm. The Jimboomba Vet Hospital staff can create a flea control program that will work safely and effectively for your pet and that will not rely on strong pesticides in your home.
You may be surprised to learn that only 5% of fleas actually live on your pet. The other 95% (including eggs, larvae, pupae and adults) can be found in the immediate environment such as in the home and in the garden. Unfortunately, this commonly results in a constant source of re-infestation all year round, and especially in the summer months.
Due to the fact that each adult flea lays 2000 eggs, it’s important to control this infestation by giving a treatment that combats multiple stages of the flea lifecycle. This means giving treatment that kills adult fleas as well as eggs and developing larvae in the environment. This is particularly important because larvae can persist in the environment for up to 9 months. Therefore it’s recommended to continue using flea treatment on a regular basis to ensure your pet is protected.
Treating your environment is a critical part of your flea control program. This can be as simple as vacuuming and washing bedding, but can also include environmental treatments such as flea contraceptives administered to your pets.
Killing fleas on your pets is also important. Effective, persistent flea control is as easy as giving your pet one tablet every month.
For more information on a flea control program and that would suit you and your pet, please contact Jimboomba Vet (hyperlink: http://jimboombavetsurgery.com.au/contact-us) via the website or ring 5546 9540.

Jimboomba Vet Flea Control Program 

In our warm, humid climate fleas can cause irritation and allergies to your pet’s skin and predispose them to bacterial dermatitis, as well as being the common carrier of tapeworm. The Jimboomba Vet Hospital staff can create a flea control program that will work safely and effectively for your pet and that will not rely on strong pesticides in your home.

You may be surprised to learn that only 5% of fleas actually live on your pet. The other 95% (including eggs, larvae, pupae and adults) can be found in the immediate environment such as in the home and in the garden. Unfortunately, this commonly results in a constant source of re-infestation all year round, and especially in the summer months.

Due to the fact that each adult flea lays 2000 eggs, it’s important to control this infestation by giving a treatment that combats multiple stages of the flea lifecycle. This means giving treatment that kills adult fleas as well as eggs and developing larvae in the environment. This is particularly important because larvae can persist in the environment for up to 9 months. Therefore it’s recommended to continue using flea treatment on a regular basis to ensure your pet is protected.

Treating your environment is a critical part of your flea control program. This can be as simple as vacuuming and washing bedding, but can also include environmental treatments such as flea contraceptives administered to your pets.

Killing fleas on your pets is also important. Effective, persistent flea control is as easy as giving your pet one tablet every month.

For more information on a flea control program and that would suit you and your pet, please contact Jimboomba Vet via the website or ring 5546 9540.